Peterborough is blessed with a range of great bike shops. Each has a unique flavour and will appeal to different individual customers. Check them all out to find out which one, like a good bike, fits you perfectly. From family-focused to road riding to custom built, you can find it in the ‘Burgh.
Full Service Bike Shops
Full service bike shops sell new bikes, accessories and parts and offer advice and bike repair services.
- Wild Rock Outfitters
- Wild Rock Outfitters (169 Charlotte Street – 705-745-9133 – blog) is a Peterborough outdoor equipment shop dedicated to non-motorized fun in the great outdoors. Equipment for everything from family camping trips, remote treks, canoeing on rivers and lakes, whitewater kayaking, kayak touring, snowboarding, SUP, mountain cycling, road racing or touring, to working in the outdoors or just plain hanging out outside.
For more information, check out our Wild Rock Outfitters bikeshop profile.
- Fontaine Source for Sports
- Specializing in Bicycles and hockey equipment, Fontaine’s (384 Queen Street – 705-742-0511) blends a long-standing family-run Peterborough business with the buying power of a national chain (Source for Sports).
For more information, check out our Fontaine’s bikeshop profile.
- Spokes ‘N’ Pedals
- Spokes ‘N’ Pedals (464 Aylmer Street – 705-745-7343) is an independent bike shop offering a range of bikes, parts and advice plus onsite repairs. (No website.)
For more information, check out our Spokes ‘N’ Pedals bikeshop profile.
Specialty Bike Shops
Specialty bike shops focus on specific bike types, customization and custom services.
- Frog Cycles
- Run by Eric Freeman-Roth, a Master Mechanic who has spent more than a quarter century in the cycling and retail industries, Frog Cycles (Call or text: 705-931-3223), refurbishes and repairs bicycles and accessories with an emphasis on the salvage and reconditioning of used components. Specializing in restorations, up-cycles (refurbished and modernized classic bikes) and bike repair.
Read our article about Frog Cycles
- B!KE: The Peterborough Community Cycling Hub
- A not-for-profit group, B!KE (336 Rubidge Street – 705-775-7227) provides accessible shop space, tools and guidance to help develop bicycle mechanical skills. Occasionally has used and reconditioned bikes for sale, too.
- Mike! Fix my bike!
- After more than 20 years experience as lead mechanic and trainer at McBride Cycle in Toronto, Mike Taylor now provides bicycle repairs and training out of his home here in Peterborough. “Mike! Fix my Bike!” (205 Wilson street – 705-931-9623 – blog) offers reliable bike repairs with an emphasis on fast turn around times to get you safely and quickly back on the road and enjoying our all-too-short cycling season.